welcome to sisyphus's classroom

Sunday, March 9, 2008

First Blog

I'll be graduating college in two months (+ one day), and here I am opening up my first blog. I wish I would have started this my first day on campus. Still, I believe this blog will be fun during my transition out of my undergraduate career and into my first professional career.

I have chosen to join the Teach For America corps in Houston, TX where I will be teaching elementary school. The past few months have been full of email updates (called email blasts) as well as FedEx-ed transition packets. The UPS man brought the most recent box filled with my "pre-institute" assignments. It's exciting to think that all of this is materializing so quickly.

I envision this blog as a series of snapshots about my transition from a business school undergraduate experience (mgt major, eco minor) into the world of education. I will soon be a struggling first-year teacher in an already struggling school. At this point, I have more questions than answer, but I hope you will ask the questions with me.

Until next time...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home