welcome to sisyphus's classroom

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Long Week

Being that it's Tuesday, I'm sure one would find this hard to believe, but this is already turning into a very long week. I spent my weekend beginning my "Pre-Institute Work" for Teach For America. The box of spiral-bound books arrived last week and, although I haven't completed an official tally, it must contain over 1500 pages. This of course seems fine until you add that to a sixteen credit hour school load and a ten-hour-a-week part-time job.

I worked four hours of that job yesterday, as I do every Monday from 8:30am-1pm. Washing dishes for a campus dining hall may not be the most glamorous work, but the full-time staff members are very nice. It also doesn't hurt that I've spent portions of three summers washing dishes (and mowing) at a 4-H camp back home. (I never would have expected that experience to pay off.)

Today, my MGT professor returned a two-part paper that I turned in with my partner last week. The prompt for the assignment required that we work in duos, and I had the awkward displeasure of working with my EX-GIRLFRIEND! (Ah!) Fortunately, the experience of writing the paper was not completely dreadful, but we didn't pull off the best grade. The first part received a B-, but the second part remained ungraded. When asked, the professor provided a confusing rationale for the missing mark and offered us the chance to re-do the second essay by Friday. Didn't he know I had a busy week already!?!?

Ramble, ramble. Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home