welcome to sisyphus's classroom

Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break Toledo

After a full-throttle Green Beer Day in Oxford, which included a big class presentation in MGT 414, I slowly but surly slipped into a lulling Spring Break mode. I stayed Friday to work 11-1 and was able to go out to eat with Amy, Emily, Kate and her dad. We had some tasty grub at Mac and Joe's then headed to BW3's for a drink and the trivia games. (For the record: Kate, Emily, and I beat Kate's dad and Amy.)

On Saturday I cleaned up my room, did some laundry, wasted a lot of time, and eventually left Oxford for Sylvania and the start of "Spring Break Toledo." I met Kate's family at "The Bunker" where I nibbled at the left-overs from a few meals. Both the Hawaiian Barbecue and Taryaki wings served in aluminum pales were very good.) We all left "The Bunker" for another drink at a Mexican restaurant and bar. Eventually we landed at Kate's house where she and I put together our AT-ST Star Wars lego kit. Lego kits are one of our hobbies.

After I attended Palm Sunday services at Kate's church, I met Rob at his new house. It was beautiful. I hung out there for the rest of the night, reading, watching Fox News, and taking in 3:10 to Yuma (which I hardily recommend). The rest of the weekend was a bit of a blur. Kate and her mom took me to the Toledo Art Museum and Rob introduced me to Tony Paco's food and Anderson's market.

On Wednesday I left Toledo to pick up my sister at her horse riding lesson just north of Columbus and meet my brother at his house (also in C-bus). We had some tasty Pizza Hut and hung out for the night before Melissa and I ventured the rest of the way home Thursday.

This whole while I've been making progress on my Pre-Institute work for TFA. I have the first lesson reading done and am well into the second. I'll have to catch up on the reflective essays once back at school. Also, I picked up another book as part of my personal preparation. It's called Teach Like Your Hair's On Fire by Rafe Esquith, and although I'm only a little less than 50 pages in, I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

Guess those are the main highlights.

Missing Kate today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home